Kangaroo Island offers visitors a diverse range of attractions and activities and has long been regarded as one of Australia’s finest nature destinations.
Besides the iconic natural attractions, Kangaroo Island or KI as locals call it, also boasts a number of boutique wineries, marron, honey and lavender farms, adventure tourism opportunities, great fishing and surfing, numerous galleries, and a wide range of restaurants.
Ecopia Retreat – Kangaroo Island accommodation boasts plenty of natural wonders, including a natural habitat of the endangered Glossy Black Cockatoos! Spotting them or even finding a feather is quite special!
Ideally positioned in the centre of Kangaroo Island, Ecopia Retreat is the perfect location to base yourself, from which you can embark on your adventures to discover the wonders of KI:
- Vivonne Bay (beach, fuel, convenience store, takeaway food and alcohol) – 20 minutes
- Seal Bay Conservation Park (re-opened in May 2020 for guided or self exploring tours around the sea lion colony) – 15 minutes
- Little Sahara Sand Dunes (sand boarding and tobogganing) – 15 minutes
- Flinders Chase National Park (temporarily closed post bushfires) – 40 minutes
- Admirals Arch (within Flinders Chase National Park) – 50 minutes
- Remarkable Rocks (within Flinders Chase National Park) – 50 minutes
- Hanson Bay Beach – 40 minutes
- Kelly Hill Caves (undamaged, however temporarily closed post bushfires) – 35 minutes
- Stokes Bay (gorgeous beach, café, boat ramp) – 30 minutes
- Parndana (dine in and take away food options, takeaway alcohol, fuel) – 15 minutes